In this field the doctors help the patients in diagnosing the problems and diseases.
The most important area in pregnancy is Sonology, which helps the Obstetrician to deliver best services
The following are the times at which Scan is needed
Antenatal ultrasound in 1st trimester:
Ultrasound is done by experienced sonologist in obstetric scans
@ 6-8 weeks:
First photograph of your baby is taken at around 7 weeks,
- CONFIRMING INTRA UTERINE / ECTOPIC LOCATION
( rarely pregnancy can happen outside the uterus called ectopic which if left undiagnosed can rupture and cause life threatening situation)
- CONFIRMING SINGLE OR MULTIPLE PREGNANCY
( identical or non identical twins can be diagnosed with best precision at this period of gestation)
- CONFIRMING THE VIABILITY
( theheart beat of your baby can be seen as early as 45 days, so confirming the healthy status is vital)
- CONFIRMING THE DATES OF DELIVERY
@11-13 weeks / NT scan
- Anomalies if any are identified to certain extent at this early months itself
- Chromosomal Abnormalities ( downs syndrome, Edward syndrome, patau syndrome, neural tube defects ) are ruled with ultrasound markers and double marker blood tests
These scans and blood tests helps our patients to deliver healthy child and almost makes sure not to deliver physically and mentally handicapped child.
If this tests turned out to be screen positive then the condition is ruled out by either NIPT or Chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis.
Second Trimester (12 – 28 Weeks):
Anomaly /Target Scan: Most important scan which no pregnant woman should miss. In this sonography the sonologist will be noting down the normalcy of almost all the organs of developing baby. Growth chart is made to follow the weight gain of the fetus.
Fetal Echo is recommended for a particular group of patients.
3rd Trimester ( 28-40 Weeks)
Growth scan is done in women if needed at 28 , 32 and or 36 weeks.
Patients with comorbid conditions are monitored with ultrasound and obstetrics Doppler every month to diagnose any complications early.
Other Ultrasound studies are:
- Follicular study
- Transvaginal USG
- Cranial ultrasound for neonates.
- Thyroid scan
- Superficial swelling.
- Scrotal USG.
- Ultrasound guided aspiration,
- Obstetric Doppler study
- Carotid and vertebral study
- Arterial flow : Single/both limbs
- Venous flow: Single/both limbs
We have the best machines with latest advances, to help sonologist diagnose the issues in the most accurate way.
Our Sonologist are both graduated and experienced, having vast experience in the field.
We have some of the Best Sonologist in Chennai